SQUID has a different file system from OCTOPUS. On this page, we introduce how to transfer data between these systems.
How to File Transfer betweeen same accounts
If you have the same account on SQUID and OCTOPUS, please adopt this way. You can access from SQUID login server to a part of OCTOPUS file system with NFS. In the case, please note that file pass differs by depending on file systems.
|OCTOPUS: home area||/octfs/home/|
|OCTOPUS: work area||/octfs/work/|
* SQUID caliculation node can not access to /octfs/work, /octfs/ext. You can only transfer any file on SQUID login server.
How to File Transfer is the following. the userID of SQUID is "a61234".
- OCTOPUS to SQUID (on SQUID)
- If you want to transfer the file "sample.f" onto the home directory on OCTOPUS to the home directory on SQUID:
% cp /octfs/home/a61234/abc/sample.c ~
- SQUID to OCTOPUS (on OCTOPUS)
- If you want to transfer the file "sample2.f" onto the home directory on SQUID to the home/abc/ directory on OCTOPUS:
% cp /sqfs/home/a61234/abc/sample.c ~
How to File Transfer between defferent accounts
Please use SCP command. In this case, you need to know the name of the file and directory on the server in advance. In the following example, the userID of OCTOPUS is "a61234".
1.Type the following command on frontend server of SQUID.
- from SQUID to OCTOPUS
- + If you want to transfer the file "sample.f" onto the home directory on SQUID to the home directory on SQUID:
% scp sample.c email@example.com:~/
- from OCTOPUS to SQUID
- + If you want to transfer the file "sample2.f" onto the home directory on OCTOPUS to the home/abc/ directory on SQUID:
% scp firstname.lastname@example.org:~/sample2.c ~/
† You can transfer multiple files simultaneously and recursively transfer files per-directory For detail, please use "man scp".
2. Type "yes" when you first connect and the following message will appear:
The authenticity of host 'octopus.hpc.cmc.osaka-u.ac.jp' can't be established but keys of different type are already known for this host.
RSA key fingerprint is **:**:**.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'squidhpc.hpc.cmc.osaka-u.ac.jp,**.**.**.**' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
3.Type your password of OCTOPUS account.
(Typed password is not displayed)
4.File transfer will start. Transfer status is displayed during the file transfer.
sample.f 100% |*****************************| 1326 00:01