This hands-on seminar treats how to use OpenFOAM as an open source CFD toolkit.
|27 July 2018, Friday|
|13:05-13:20||Introduction of PC Cluster Consortium|
|13:40-18:00||OpenFOAM Handson Seminor|
|13:40-14:05||Brief explanation of OpenFOAM|
|14:05-14:15||Log-in to OCTOPUS|
|14:30-16:00||Cavity Flow exercise I
- Mesh generation using "blockMesh"
- Viewing mesh using "ParaView"
- flow analysis using "icoFoam"
- visualization of analysis results using "Paraview"
|16:15-17:30||Cavity Flow exercise II
- Sampling using "sample"
- parallel computing
|17:30-18:00||Q&A and etc.|
- This seminar includes lecture and exercise.
- Attendees can use supercomputer systems at the Cybermedia Center for a week.
- You need to bring your own laptop PC which terminal software is installed. Please install some software following the instructions of the material below.
Instruction of Material
Date : 27 July, 2018, 1:00 p.m. -6:05 p.m.
Organizer: Osaka University Cybermedia Center(organizer)
Lecture:Mr. Masashi Imano (OCAEL)
Venue: Cybermedia Commons, Cybermedia Center Main Building 1F, Osaka University Suita Campus
Type : Hands-on and lecture
Quota: 30 people
Application deadline: 20 July 5:00 p.m.
Reception has been closed.