SQUID(Supercomputer for Quest to Unsolved Interdisciplinary Datascience), aka, (Supercomputer system for HPC and HPDA)
starts operation on May 1, 2021. This system is composed of different types of 3 clusters, General purpose CPU nodes, GPU nodes, Vector nodes. Total Peak performance is 16.591 PFLOPS.
|Theoretical Computing Speed||16.591 PFLOPS|
|Compute Node||General purpose CPU nodes
1,520 nodes (8.871 PFLOPS)
CPU：Intel Xeon Platinum 8368 (Icelake / 2.4 GHz 38 cores) 2 CPUs
42 nodes (6.797 PFLOPS)
CPU: Intel Xeon Platinum 8368 (Icelake / 2.4 GHz 38 cores) 2 CPUs
GPU：NVIDIA A100 8 units
36 nodes (0.922 PFLOPS)
|Vector Host||AMD EPYC 7402P (2.8 GHz 24 cores) 1 CPU
NEC SX-Aurora TSUBASA Type20A(10 cores) 8 units
|Storage||DDN EXAScaler (Lustre)||HDD：20.0 PB
|Interconnect||Mellanox InfiniBand HDR (200 Gbps)|
How to use
SQUID article was published on Intel WEB site.
Osaka University CMC Enables Large-Scale Research
SQUID opens new doors to national and global scientific collaboration with a heterogeneous architecture
- In September 2022, a collaboration research using SQUID was introduced in the feature article of Nikkel Leaders Vision.
- A feature article on SQUID [DOI:10.18910/87667] was published in Cyber HPC Journal No. 11.
- The paper of AXIES2021 "ONION: Osaka University’s Data Aggregation Infrastructure" is now online.
- SQUID-CPU was ranked in 67th, 54th, and 57th in TOP500, HPCG and Green500 respectively in June 2021.
- We unveiled SQUID on May 19, 2021. Please see this page for a detail.
- SQUID service starts at 6 May. and we issued press release for SQUID.
- On Apr. 6 Intel has announced the third generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor (Ice Lake).
Two Intel Xeon Platinum 8368 (38C, 2.40GHz) are on each of general-purpose CPU nodes and GPU-nodes in SQUID. The detail information on the processor is available from the following web sites. (Osaka University is also mentioned in the articles.)
Intel's event(How Wonderful Gets Done 2021)
Supermicro's press release
- In the case that you plan to port your code running on the SX-ACE system to the one for SX-Aurora TSUBASA, you are advised to modifying a source code and collecting data related to your program running on SX-ACE in advance. The information is available from the the document below.
- Mr. Hashizume, Data Direct Networks Japan,introduced SQUID on PC Cluster Symposium 20th on 14 December 2020.
- Please see our press release issued on Nov 25 for a detail of SQUID.